Dear sweet baby boy,

Posted by on | |

I’m in love with you already. The other day we were at dinner with some friends, and their little girl was acting up in front of everyone at the restaurant. I just smiled and smirkingly said, “My kid behaves better than yours!”


Right now you kick my belly constantly. I love every bit of feeling you so close to me. In a few years, I will be getting after you for kicking and hitting and probably get frustrated at how you won’t listen. But for right now, I will let you kick as much as you want.


Right now you wake me up in the middle of the night. I don’t mind. In a few months, when you’re crying and want me to hold you or feed you, please be patient with me if I ever get frustrated. But for right now, I will let your little body resting on my bladder be just fine by me.


Right now I am starting to grow out of my normal cute jeans and loosening the notches on my belt. I’ve never shared this kind of space with someone and I have to remind myself that what my body looks like now does not matter. In a few months, I will be hitting the gym and trying to get back in shape, once again, being conscious of how my body looks. But for right now, let’s just relax – you and I. Let’s not worry about how we look. Everyone already knows you’re the cute one in this package deal.


Right now I have heartburn. I hope it’s not because you don’t like what I’m eating, because we’ll be eating Mexican food for the rest of our lives. You’re a fourth Mexican after all. In a few years, you’re probably going to complain about my home cooked meals and get mad at me for making you eat vegetables and oatmeal. And you might hide them in drawers from me or behind the trashcan, like I did at that age to my mother. And I’ll probably get frustrated. But for right now, your way of complaining about my food is just fine and I’m sure I’ll survive.


Right now I am counting down the weeks until I get to finally meet you. In a few years, when you’re growing out of the new shoes I just bought you or talking back to your dad or starting kindergarten, I will probably cry and wish you were little again. But for right now, I will appreciate the weeks that we have left together like this.


Right now I have two loves of my life. I hope you don’t mind sharing, but I am also absolutely in love with another boy. Your daddy is the best thing that has ever happened to me and I know that you’re going to love him as much as I do. I can’t wait to meet you and he is just about as giddy as I. He painted you a dresser for your nursery room. I can already tell how much he loves you. We are all going to be best friends and stick up for each other. I’m sure in a few years, I’m going to get frustrated at times and need reminded of that, but for right now, I will lay down at night and fall asleep with my two best friends right beside me.


I love you baby Aiden.


Love,

Your Momma

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Julie, I love this post!!! It is so precious...I loved reading it today, on my baby's first birthday...it really was a good reflection time as I sit here and watch her toddle around... :) Glad to see you're enjoying every moment!

Beth and Wayne said...

This made me cry! I can't wait to meet your baby Aiden! Love you guys!

Lara said...

"In a few years, when you’re growing out of the new shoes I just bought you I will probably cry and wish you were little again."

This is the story of the rest of your life. It hurts the heart so much but it's such a privilege to be able to experience it.. just means you've been blessed so much in the first place.

Can't wait for you to experience motherhood. It is the most amazing thing ever.

Post a Comment