Life and Responsibility

Posted by on | |
Life here in the thriving town of Twin Falls, Idaho is working out to be very satisfactory. I wake up every morning around the time that Mikey has already been slaving away for two hours to put food on our table. He has to wake up at 5:45 a.m. these days. Actually, writing that does make me feel slightly guilty - but I'm sure I'll forget about it when I'm sleeping at 8 a.m. tomorrow morning. So as you can probably tell by my post so far, I have been busy trying to find myself a job. It's hard in this kind of economy. If I'm looking get my CDL license or be a occupational therapist I'd be bringing a paycheck home by now... but I'm not, so I'm not. I've applied at a few places around town, but no word yet. Are you serious? I don't know if they know, but back in the day of my child rearing - I was a pretty big deal in these parts. I was the girls champion at "shoot the duck" at Skateland and won a free soda every time I would show everyone up. I was the high jump champ at Sawtooth Elementary Play Days in 5th grade. I had the 800m school record for the year in my Lifetime Sports class at Twin Falls High School. (Don't mind the fact that all real athletes were enrolled in Body Development.) I was awarded a new helmet from a Twin Falls police officer on National Wear Your Helmet Day, when I was caught wearing a helmet while riding my bike around my neighborhood when I was 8.
The list of my accomplishments in this town are endless. The only thing that I can reasonably assume is the fact that every potential employer that I am dealing with has moved to Twin Falls after 2003, when I moved away to college. There is no other explanation. So to those of you who are Twin Falls residents and have some sort of connection to someone that is looking for help in their business - please pass the word along. I'm working up an official list of my accomplishments and at request, I can forward them onto anyone who is willing to hand them out. I'm not asking much am I?

6 comments:

Ashley said...

Shut up... I totally was awarded a bike helmet from a police officer when I was caught wearing a helmet in Kimberly! No need to mention that I saw the police officer driving down the previous street so I hurried home and stole a helmet from my neighbor's garage and then continued to ride my bike towards the officer....oh good times! BONUS: I wrapped up the helmet (in Christmas paper, mind you) and gave it to my mom for her birthday.... I don’t even think she owned a bike! :)

*BriTneY* said...

haha... that's awesome Julie! With a list like that, I would think people would be begging to hire you! Welps, hope everything else is going awesome! Miss you down here in my lonely house (that I've only stayed at one night). Luvs!

Belle said...

Hahaaaaaa. I miss laughing with you! Good luck. I'd like to keep a list of your accomplishments just for myself.

Jessica said...

I'll hire you to do my Christmas cards!!! I loved Katie Jett's announcement. Good luch job hunting!

Beth and Wayne said...

Thanks for the laugh! Love you, miss you!

Shalene Summers said...

Oh Julie...

Post a Comment