Ode to Pocatello, ID

Posted by on | |
Tonight is my last night as an official Pocatello resident. I have been commuting back and forth on the weekends to Twin Falls to be with Mikey, but in order to finish school I have had to bunk up with my old roommates Monday - Thursday. Yes - weird. For both them and me. But I'd try not to think about it. Because of my 4 year relationship with Pocatello, I have decided to dedicate a blog entry it. It's been a love/hate relationship - so to be fair, I have composed TWO Top 10 lists. One of things I love....and one of things I will not miss. (They really are in no particular order)

Top Ten Things I Will Not Miss About POCATELLO

10. The smell of the town when you enter it from the south highway - thanks Simplot!
9. Being able to choose from 2 decent clothing stores when you need a new shirt.
8. Restaurants closing at 10 p.m! Because who seriously eats AFTER 10?
7. The fact that my husband does not live there.
6. ISU has a ridiculous set-up and the politics are crazy to boot!
7. Freezing winters and inconsiderate city officials who don't consider buying more snow plows.
6. Mass Comm teachers. Enough said.
5. My $95 accumulation of ISU unpaid parking tickets. oops.
4. Albertsons being the only grocery store in a mile and we all know how expensive their stuff is!
3. One-way streets. Holy cow - who can keep track of which ones are and which ones aren't? I usually just drive down them to find out.
2. Wendy's not participating in the 99 cent "3conomics" sandwich promotion. Still getting over that one.
1. Horribly kept sidewalks. Cracks and dips all over the place! Not good for rollerblading...or in my case, even walking.



Top Ten Things I Will Miss About POCATELLO

10. Westwood Discount! It's like a D.I. and a garage sale all in one!
9. Dumpster diving at Pier 1 at 1 o'clock in the morning.
8. Eastern Idaho State Fair - mullets, lime squeezes and free kettle corn all in one place!
7. My job! I got paid to do what I love most - graphic design
(check out my portfolio here)
8. Midnight gummy bear runs with some of my most favoritest old roommates.
7.
Living in three different houses in my entire college career and each of them being no more than three blocks away from campus.

6. Riding bikes in the summer time to most anywhere.
5. Pool parties at the Bengal Creek complex and trying to teach Mikey how to swim.
4. Sunday dinners at Spencer or Amys - two of the best cooks in the whole city - maybe even county!
3. Butterburrs' SST = soup/salad, sandwich, treat = only $5.99!
2. Roommates - I have had 22 roommates and all of them - except for a few - have been exceptionally amazing!

1. Memories. First dates with Mikey. Random movie making with roommates. Institute dances. etc.

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh how I wish I could say I enjoyed those memories of "random movie making" nights.... I'm just sayin' an invite would have been nice! However, Butterburrs I do miss! and $5 steak night!!!
Seriously, institute dances??? Julie, that's sad!

Kasi Lee said...

Julie, I love the lists--mostly because I agree whole-heartedly with them. Good luck with the move!

Alyson said...

Aw great list Julie! I miss butterburrs and $5 steak night and of course 5th st bagelry-I love that place-.

Tim and Laura Allen said...

That would be horrible stiking it out all by yourself. Good thing it is almost over! You two are so cute together. I was just looking at all of your wedding photos and they are gorgeous! Congrats on everything!

Ryan Beau and Mindy Jo said...

I wasn't one of the exceptions to the exceptionally amazing roomates was I?? That one left me thinking. PS-this blog is not as kept up as I expected....has marriage changes your priorities or what? hehe :)

Post a Comment