New Beginnings

Posted by on | |
Hello blog world! It's been a while hasn't it? Let me bring you up to speed.

I randomly quit my job at the Times-News, because I was offered a full-time graphic design position at a national agricultural magazine company. (I know nothing about dairymen - don't worry they said that was ok). The opportunity is great and I'm loving it so far. They're building me my own office, and all you computer nerds like me will appreciate and drool over the fact that I'm rocking a new 30" LCD monitor and Mac Pro.

In that same week, Michael and I decided to buy a house. We've been dreaming of a place of our own for years. We've watched every episode of HGTV's House Hunters and Property Virgins ever created. We had a wish list in our minds, and a couple of weeks ago, we put it down on paper and gave it to our Realtor. We knew we'd be picky and give her a run for her money, but she was up for the challenge :)

Over Super Bowl weekend, my family was in town and we went house hunting on-line with them. We found quite a few we liked, but none we loved. Our Realtor - Judy McCurdy (amazing by the way for you Magic Vallians) works in the same office as her son, Jason (also a Realtor). When she received our wish list, she read it off to her son. Her son just looked at her and said, "Mom, that's my house." Jason had plans to put it on the market in the upcoming months, as he was going to move closer to his kids in Boise. Jason and Judy decided that they would show us his house, and if we liked it and wanted it, that he would move out sooner than he planned.

A few days later, we saw the house and fell in love.


Look at that cute boy in the front, he just happened to be walking by. If he comes with the house, I'm definitely buying it!

It's a 4br 2ba with a bonus room above the garage. The backyard is already fenced in and there's grass already planted. We've got big plans in our little heads for a top rail vinyl porch and some landscape elements. We also want to paint the door and the top of the pillars - deciding on paint is so difficult.

We have more than enough room for everyone to come visit, so after the first week of April, everyone should pack up a few things and have a slumber party at our house. We'll make the popcorn!

8 comments:

Ashley said...

OMG!!! Wow your life has been crazy since I last saw you! So excited to have a SLEEPOVER at your house. :) Are you closer to my parent's house...just in case I want to ride my bike over! LOL!
p.s. Super excited for you guys to visit....See you Thursday! :)

Kenny and Jamie Garrett said...

That's so great! I'm so happy for you guys! I would definitely love to come have a sleepover, but I'm not sure when that would be. Brandon Severe mentioned doing a reunion...maybe you would like to host? ;)

Dan and Julie Fisher said...

It's going to be so awesome when I show up at your door April 1st with footy pj's on and my teddy bear!

Johanna said...

So Jealous! I think we need to move to Idaho. Congrats on the buy. You guys deserve it!

Kindra Serr said...

So, my room is above the garage, right? :) How exciting for you! You are really grown up now!

Beth and Wayne said...

I just love it! and popcorn too...I am there!

Kathy Call said...

Congrats on your house! It looks AMAZING! (I'm a little jealous, actually....:) )And congrats on your new job! That national agricultural magazine company is lucky to have you, despite your lack of dairyman knowledge... :)

TeamBennett said...

Congrats Jules!! How exciting and fun! The house looks beautiful and I think it's hilarious that you guys are already planning on doing stuff to it! Next time we're in Twin, we definitely need to catch up! What's sad is I'll be towing along 4 kiddos. Lol

Post a Comment