Honeymoonin'

Posted by on | |

So I cannot lie and tell you that I am not a bit excited for our honeymoon... Back in November, Mikey and I were trying to decide on where we wanted to go. I through it out there that I had never been on a cruise and he caught it. For months, we'd research and try to find out the best deals. Note to everyone who is reading this: The sooner you book, the cheaper you'll pay. February 14th, Valentines Day, we finally booked our cruise. I knew it was a last minute thing, when I called the Carnival Cruiseline (just to see if I couldn't talk em down a few bucks) and when she asked me the date of our departure and I said March 22 - she asked me of what year? Crap!
Anyway, we payed a few extra dollars, but really we still got a good deal. We really had to consider however that we weren't about to book our cruise if Mikey couldn't for sure get work off. The human resources department in Wal-Mart likes to mess with our lives it seems. :)
So where are we going you ask? To the place where the Vasquez family name lies deep.....MEXICO! Yayah! So we've both been to Mexico before, but Mikey has actually never been to the ocean. His family is from Chihuahua, which is inland.
Don't judge us, but the two of us have been tanning religiously lately. I don't want to look like a native there, but I sure don't want to look like a tourist. And let's be honest, a pasty white person in a white wedding dress just doesn't seem to look good in pictures, although I would probably just blame it on the photographer overexposing myself :)

9 comments:

Jill and Travis said...

Your new blog is so cute and very grown up! I love the pictures on the side--what a cute idea! And that is so exciting you get to go on a cruise! How fun!

Lara said...

Member when we used to go tanning and you'd break out into a full body rash?! So funny. You still went. THAT's sacrifice if I've ever known it. Hope you're not itching. Can't wait to see you slash smack your bum.

Unknown said...

so I just have to say that I love your new blog! Very cool! You are a VERY talented blogger@ You need to give me a few lessons! Your big day is just around the corner!! YAY! Congrats!

Tasha said...

Cute blog, I tried making my own background but yours is soooo cute!! That is so exciting that your going on a cruise. If you need help with anything give me a call.

*LaUrA* said...

So you are saying my wedding pictures are "overexposed"

I like your blog design...super cute!! Hooray for a cruise!!That is on my to-do list this year.

Elise said...

I love your writing Julie. I'm glad to be able to check your "grown up" blog. :) I'm excited for you to be honeymooning in Mexico. That sounds so fun!

Anonymous said...

Julie, how do you do this stuff with the blog? It looks awesome. I still dont know how to do all that scrapbook looking posts. You're going to have to show me one day!

Rachael and Brad Huntsman said...

Oh you will have some much fun! We went on a cruise for our honeymoon and loved it! Have such a great time!

overlyactive said...

OK so your making me way jealous because Devin and I have never been on a cruise so you should feel way lucky!! We are going on one next Feb!! And it's booked! I'm glad you had a great time.

Post a Comment